How To Change Your Android Phone IMEI Number – Easy Guide
This is a step by step guide on how to change any android device IMEI to blackberry IMEI or free data IMEI number, so as to enjoy lots of IMEI free packages from Mtn, Etisalat and Airtel.
I know you might have come across so many tutorial on how to change Android phone IMEI number, But let me assure you that no matter the type of android device, this tutorial is all what you need, just follow the steps below.
What Is IMEI Number
The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI s a number, usually unique, to identify 3GPP and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is a 15 digits unique number of a mobile. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone, but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering *#06# on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems. Cited from Wikipedia
What Are The Uses Of IMEI Number
The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call their network provider and instruct them to blacklist the phone using its IMEI number.
How To Change Your Android Phone IMEI Number
Let’s take a look at benefits of changing your Android IMEI number to a blackberry IMEI number
- You’ll be able to use Glo Bis On your Android device after Changing Imei.
- Using the Glo Bis of N1,000 for 3GB for a month.
- Free data that ranges from 2GB – 3GB from Mtn , Airtel and Etisalat by changing to a specific imei number..
We have different ways of changing android devices IMEI using various types of applications and tools but one of the most efficient way is using the mobile uncle app.
Download The English version of Mobile Uncle Tools Here
How To Change imei of Android Phones Using Mobile Uncle
Lets see the compatible android devices that mobile uncle tools works on
- Mtk6589 device
- Mtk6582 device
- MTK65XX devices
- Quad Core Mediatek phones
- Octa Core Mediatek phones
Requirement For Changing your Android IMEI
- Your Android device must be rooted.
You can root your android device with kingroot.
- After successful downloading mobile uncle tools.
- Install and launch mobile uncle.
If you get pop-up requesting root permissions then,just grant the request and continue below
First create backup of current IMEI by choosing IMEI Backup Restore (MTK) and then select Backup IMEI to desired path.
- Tap on Engineer
Mode>>Engineer Mode (MTK) and then swipe your fingers to the left to scroll to right and going to Connectivity Tab.
- Tap on CDS Information and open
Radio Information >> Phone 1 or Phone 2 (This simply means Sim 1 or Sim 2, whichever you want to change IMEI)
- Now you can see a AT+ written at the top, tap the end and depending on your sim,
- add the line: EGMR=1,7,”NEW SIM 1 IMEI” or EGMR=1,10,”NEW SIM 2 IMEI” and tap on send Command.
Now you’re done. You just have to restart the phone and then to check your android phone’s new
- IMEI,dial *#06#.
Congrats,you’ve successfully changed your android phones imei!
How To Change Android Phone Imei to Blackberry Imei
Firstly, we need to generate a blackberry imei to put inplace of the android imei.
Download blackberry imei generator Here
- After downloading,extract the file and double
- Click on GIPv4.1
- Click on generate imei. copy down imei.
Now launch mobile uncle tool, open the app, and navigate to Engineer Mode
- In the next screen, click on Engineer Mode (MTK)
- slide the window to Connectivity just like we did before and then click on CDS Information
- After that,Click on Radio Information
If you are using a dual Sim android phone, Phone 1 represents your Sim 1 and Phone 2 represents your Sim2. So choose the slot you want to swap imei with that of blackberry. Most guys choose sim1 though.
- After choosing the desired slot, click on the (AT+) type in a word and then clear the word you typed.
- After clearing it, a dialogue box will
- Open click on AT+EGMR=1,7,””
- In between (“”) type in the imei which you generated.
- Check if the numbers are same and equal
Then, click on SEND AT COMMAND if you receive a message saying AT command sent and successful,you’re successful!
All you have to do now is to reboot your phone that all now you can rock your new imei and browse with it like a blackberry phone. but make sure you backup your previous Imei, I suggest writing it down on a Piece of Paper incase anything goes wrong so that you can quickly change it back.
And that’s it for changing your android phone’s imei
This steps involves another way to change your Android device Imei using the Terminal Emulator App.
How To change Android Device Imei using Terminal Emulator
Firstly, you need to download terminal emulator on your android device.
Download Terminal emulator from Google play store Here
- A Rooted Android Device
Lets get started
How to Change IMEI Number with Terminal Emulator of Android Phone-Tab For Single Sim Device
- Open Android Terminal Emulator
- Type SU then press ENTER button to get Superuser(root) permission
- After that, type this command then
- press ENTER button echo ?AT +EGMR=1,7,?IMEI_NUMBER?? >/dev/ pttycmd1 or echo AT+EGMR=1*7*IMEI_1 >/dev/ pttycmd1
That’s it for single sim android phones. Now,for Dual Sim Phones
- Open android terminal emulator.
- Type SU and then press ENTER
- Type following command then Eneter echo ?AT+EGMR=1,7, ?IMEI_NUMBER? ? >/ dev/ pttycmd1
If your phone is dual-sim, type this command then ENTER echo ?AT +EGMR=1,10, ?IMEI_NUMBER? ? >/dev/pttycmd1
Finally, The above steps are 100% tested and working ways to successfully change your android IMEI.
NOTE: Once you flash or factory resets your device, the imei you changed would restore back to default. And you have to carry out all the process above to change the imei number.