How to use Find my device features in android phones
Android phones come with a “Find My Device” feature that can be used to recover your lost Android phone. This feature is available in phone settings and does not require a third-party app to work. This is a very handy feature for when you misplace your phone, or if it gets stolen. You will be able to trace your phone’s current location using a web browser if you have this feature enabled. Also, you will have to be logged in to your Google account on your lost or stolen device for these tracking services to work.
Here are the steps to configuring “Find My Device” in Android Settings.
- Open your device Settings and navigate to Security.
- Under Device Administration, Click on Device administrators.
3. Make sure the box next to “Find My Device” is checked. You can download it from Play Store if you find it missing in your Settings.
Next, you’ll need to enable location services and location history for improved location accuracy while tracking your device.
Follow these stables to enable location services
- Go back to Settingsand tap on Location.
- Turn the toggle switch on the upper right corner to On position.
3. Tap on Mode. Set it to High accuracy.
4. Go back to Locationsettings and tap on Google Location History.
5. Toggle to switch on the option next to Use Location History. Also, toggle the switch next to your device name to Onposition.
After you have completed these steps, you can locate a missing or stolen phone whenever it has access to mobile data or Wi-Fi. Visit the Android website from any browser on any device, log in with your Google account and follow the on-screen instructions.