Looking for How To Open A Paypal Account in Nigeria ? Luckily for you that is what this article is all about.
I recently wrote about how to get a free hulu account
Today, in this article i’ll be showing you how to open a paypal account in Nigeria.
What Is Paypal
PayPal is an online financial service that allows you to pay for items using a secure internet account. You simply add your bank account, credit card or debit card details and whenever you pay using PayPal, you can can choose which of your cards or accounts it pays with. You can also set one to be the default payment method and that will be used unless you choose otherwise.
You can pay for items from a vast number of online and high street stores, including restaurants, petrol stations and market traders.
In addition to paying for items using PayPal, you can also receive money through the service. Any money received sits in your PayPal account and can be used when paying for something, with the balance topped up by your assigned cards or bank account.
Alternatively, you can transfer the money to one of your assigned bank accounts or cards.
Why Should You Use Paypal?
While there are plenty of online payment systems these days, and several manufacturer or network digital wallets, PayPal offers a few additional benefits that others might not.
To begin with, its age means it is well established and widely accepted. You will find a “pay by PayPal” option on thousands of websites that do not offer the same for Apple Pay or other digital financial services.
Its buyer protection safeguards will also ensure you get a refund if an item you buy online doesn’t arrive or doesn’t match a seller’s description. This is especially useful when purchasing items on eBay, where you do not usually have shop guarantees.
Will Paypal Cost You Anything ?
It is mostly free to use PayPal. It is certainly free to sign up for an account, even if you do not use it often. You are never charged for a purchase in the same currency – only occasionally when there is an exchange rate to be considered. This is essentially the same as with your bank.
You will occasionally incur fees if you sell items and receive payment through PayPal. And business accounts can have different fees levied depending on the circumstances – such as accepting credit card payments through a PayPal Here Chip and PIN/contactless payment reader.
How To Pay With PayPal?
PayPal works online and in stores through a browser or mobile application. There are dedicated apps for Android and iOS.
When paying online, you just need to look for the PayPal symbol and check out by following the simple instructions on screen. The apps do more though.
Thanks to many partnerships with stores and restaurants in your area, you get different options of how to pay for products, food or petrol, even order ahead to beat the queues in some food establishments and coffee shops. The app shows you a list of all the vendors nearby that accept each of the different PayPal options.
Without wasting much of your time let me quickly show you how to open a paypal account
How To Open A Paypal Account In Nigeria
The steps below will drive you through the process involved in opening a PayPal account in Nigeria.
STEP1: Visit the PayPal official website
Goto https://www.paypal.com/ng/ or you can install the app for free from your device’s app store. The account creation process is largely the same for both the website and the app.
STEP2: Click on “Sign Up”.
This will begin the account creation process immediately.
- For business accounts, there are two different options, each of which have different cost structures and benefits. Standard accounts free, but customers must route through PayPal in order to check out. Pro accounts cost $30 per month, but you get to full control over how you want to design the checkout process.
- The Standard free business account is the same as the old PayPal Premier account. This account is best suited for users who do lots of buying and selling on eBay
STEP3: Enter your Preferred E-mail And Password
- Make sure that you enter a valid email address, as you’ll need to use it to verify your account.
STEP4: Fill The Form With Your Personal Information.
You’ll need to enter your national id number, address, phone number and date of birth. All of this information is required in order to create your account.
After that click on next, and you’re done.
Section 2 ( How To Verify PayPal Account)
This section will guide you through the process required in verifying your PayPal account
STEP1: Confirm Your E-mail Address.
In order to receive money at your PayPal account, you’ll need to confirm your email address. You should have received an email when you created your account. Click the “Yes, this is my email” button in the email message to confirm your email address.
- If you can’t find the message, check your Spam folder or “Purchases” label in Gmail. You can have PayPal send another message from your account Summary page. Click “Confirm Email” to send another message.
In order to send money from your bank account or transfer funds you receive to your account, you’ll need to link it with PayPal. Click the “Link a bank” option on your account Summary page to get started. Sending money to friends and family from your linked bank account is cheaper than using your debit or credit card.
- If your bank is listed, you’ll be able to enter your online banking login information to automatically link your account.
- If your bank is not listed, you’ll need to enter your account number and routing number. You can find these on the bottom of your checks. This will take a day or two to confirm. PayPal will make two small deposits into your account, totaling less than a dollar. You’ll need to enter these two values in order to confirm that you are the owner of the bank account. You’ll be able to find these deposits on your online statement after 24-48 hours.
You can use PayPal to manage your various credit and debit cards, allowing you to checkout from websites without having to enter your information each time. Click the “Link a card” option on your Summary page to add a card to your PayPal wallet. You’ll need to enter the card number, expiration date, and security code. The name on the card must match the legal name you entered when creating your account. Cards are linked instantly.
- You can also use this method to add a prepaid gift card from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
That’s it You are now a owner of a verified paypal account, Cheers!
Still Have any issue on how to open a paypal account ? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.