Even though YouTube is primitively meant for streaming video content, knowing how to get music from YouTube is crucial for a great many reasons. Moreover, YouTube understands this. By launching YouTube Music in 2018 to allow paying customers to download songs on their mobile devices, YouTube showed that it really knows what its users desire.
You may download the soundtracks from YouTube videos to listen to offline, without the chaperoning graphics – and advertisements — by converting them to MP3 format. Just keep in mind that there are strict limits about what you may download without breaking YouTube’s Terms of Service, so make sure you’re aware of the rules that apply before diving into the process.
Apart from paying for YouTube Music and purchasing a subscription, as of today, there isn’t any official option to directly download music from YouTube videos. Moreover, Google and YouTube have been meticulously removing any third-party software and tools that allow downloading YouTube music from YouTube videos.
Lucky for us, there are still a plethora of options available on the internet that we can use to download YouTube videos – today, we’re here for just that! So, without further delay, let’s look at some marvelous ways to download YouTube videos for free on your smartphone, PC, or laptop.
1. Pure Tuber!
On the top of our list is the contemporary Android and IOS application, Pure Tuber. Pure Tuber has made it to the apex of our list for a reason. Pure Tuber allows you to download music from YouTube in a matter of seconds; you just have to navigate to the YouTube video of your choice. The said music is downloaded in High Quality (HQ), and you can select the downloading format as well – MP3 or M4A.
To download music from YouTube video using Pure Tuber, you need to:
- Download Pure Tuber and install it on your device.
- Open Pure Tuber and navigate your way to the music video.
- Next, tap on ‘Download.’ You’ll be asked whether you need to download the whole video or just the audio. Select the option that you want and choose the audio quality.
- Once you’re through with that, hit the ‘Download’ button and VOILA!
Besides being a powerful YouTube mp3 downloader, Pure Tuber also allows you to:
- Seamlessly block exasperating ads on YouTube (Read more: How to effectively use YouTube adblocker).
- Play YouTube videos in the background.
- Play YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode.
- Download YouTube videos in HD quality.
- Download entire YouTube playlists and channels.
- Synchronize your YouTube history, subscriptions, playlists, and more with Pure Tuber.
2. Using an online YouTube to MP3 converter
There are tons of online YouTube to MP3 converter tools that you’ll find on the internet. Not only are these tools swift in their operations, but they are also fairly simple and straightforward to use.
To download YouTube audio from an online YouTube to MP3 tool, just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Select a YouTube to MP3 converter of your choice and open it on your web browser.
- Open YouTube and search for the music video you’re looking for.
- Copy the link of that specific video from the address box.
- Paste the copied URL in the dialog box of the conversion tool.
- You’ll be asked to select the file format and quality of the audio file.
- Once you’re done with that, hit ‘Download’, and your file will start to download.
3. Using YouTube Music Premium
If you have a paid-for YouTube Music subscription, you can download music for offline playback when using the mobile app on an Android, iPhone, or iPad. The downloaded music will be accessible for playing only when you use the YouTube app.
To download a song using YouTube Music:
- Open the YouTube Music app.
- Navigate to the music you wish to download. If you’d rather download a playlist, go to the app’s bottom-right corner and press the Library tab, then choose the playlist you wish to download.
- Hit the download arrow (if you’re looking for music) or the menu (for a playlist). If you click the arrow, the music will now be downloaded to your phone or tablet for later listening.
- Select Download (for a playlist). The playlist’s contents are now accessible for offline listening.
Music can be great for the mind and soul, especially when there aren’t any strings attached to it – no internet connection. Yes, offline music is a blessing, and now you know how to bestow yourself with that blessing!